Monday, March 5, 2012

#99 Find One thing that I want to do in Each State

For those of you that know me well, you know how much I LOVE to plan vacations.  I love to travel and see the world and I want my boys to experience the same thing.  Every year for Christmas, we give the boys "Family Experiences" instead of gifts.  We used to give gifts, but then realized the boys were a little more materialistic than we wanted.  We have always talked about that Jesus is the reason we celebrate Christmas and that Jesus cherishes the relationships over the things.  We decided that from that moment, the boys would get experiences from Mom and Dad.  (Don't get me wrong, they do still get to enjoy 3 presents each from Santa).  My hope is that one day, David and I will be able to get the boys to all 50 states... which led me to this Goal for my 101 things.  I wanted to find at least one cool thing to do in each state so if we were in the area, we would make sure to find some of the things that I wanted to do. 
With that being said, here is my link to my list of places I want to take the family.  If you look at the list, you will notice that there are a LOT of National Parks and Beautiful Drives... we are not beach people.  We have tried some beaches (in fact, that is our vacation for this year).  Please... if you are reading this and you know of some other awesome places that I left out, please comment so I can add those as well :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment