Monday, April 16, 2012

#58 Climb Stone Mountain as a Family

I remember climbing Stone Mountain as a young kid... maybe 11 or so and I loved it.  I love being outdoors and so do all of my boys (except David).  I wasn't sure how the two younger boys would do, but I thought now was as good of time as any to try it. 

Getting ready to head up the mountain


At this point, there is NO whining yet :)

Stopping to get some pictures along the way
Getting a good picture of HAS right now is EXTREMELY difficult
Not sure what he is doing
This is the steepest part of the mountain, but they did it :)
Look at that sweet face!!!
We had someone who volunteered to take a picture of the entire family, but as you can see, HAS wanted no part of that... 
Little ham!!!
Hanging out at the top of the mountain.  It was overcast and had rained the night before, but the weather was just about perfect.
They climbed the entire way without being helped up :)
Beginning the descent
LOVE this picture of my boys!!!
Made it back to the bottom
He wanted his picture taken on every rock...we were able to narrow that down, but not much :/
All in all, it was a great time for the family and I was really proud of all three boys.  All of them climbed both up and down and didn't have to be carried at all.  HAS got a little bit cranky towards the end, but he survived.  We had such a great time that we bought a season pass so we can go back for an entire year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment