Sunday, January 20, 2013

Low Key Day

I am a person who loves to be on the move.  I struggle to watch a 30 minute TV program and a 2 hour movie is out of the question, unless I rent it and can pause it after 30 minute increments.  However, my sweet husband loves a lazy Sunday in front of the television watching football.  I have tried really hard this past fall to make sure that happened almost every week.  So today, we had a very lazy day.  The boys and I went to church and the gym.  David was sleeping because he worked last night.  When he woke up, we went in the basement and watched the Falcons hand the game to the 49ers while the boys did puzzles and played with Legos.  They both have my attention span, so getting them to watch an entire football game is almost laughable.  We had beef stew while we watched the game and then put the boys to bed.  I was able to sit there and watch most of it (although watching the game was painful because the Falcons didn't show up in the second half).  During the Patriots/Ravens game, I had to get up and move around.  By that, I mean fold 4 loads of laundry and put them away.  All in all, it was a great slow-paced day.   I know during football season, we don't have any more of these until fall.  Slowing down sometimes is a nice change of pace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment