Friday, June 1, 2012

So Kool on Not Kool? Mexican Flatbread Pizzas

So Kool or Not Kool?  Kool
Picky Eater's Opinion?  Not home for dinner that night
Will this make the Future Chef's Menu?  Definitely (Although to be honest, he loves all Mexican food)

This was really easy to make~ which I love.  We used ground turkey instead of ground beef, but we almost always do when using it in a recipe that is not hamburgers.  I apologize that the picture is not good, but I am taking a photography class this weekend and am hoping to learn how to improve the quality of these pictures.  We'll see how that works.
 
This to me is the most ingenious part and we will TOTALLY use this idea again.  Using refrigerated biscuit dough to make mini pizzas.  I try not to use too many of those refrigerated products, but this was fast and brilliant.  I would love to see if it would work with regular dough to make a whole bunch of these at one time and freeze them and thaw and use as necessary.
 
These were very easy to assemble as we just followed direction.  We didn't have shredded lettuce, but we don't normally eat that.  We used shredded kale instead.  We always have some of that in the fridge and we use it in everything.  We recently got a new food processor (our should I say our first).  We will keep 4 cups or so shredded in our refrigerator in a Lock-N-Lock Container.  We used to do this with spinach, but Kale is a much hardier leaf, so it holds up better, chopped up or not.  Next time, I will not use re fried beans, I don't love the texture of them and there is not a whole lot of nutritional value in them.  But, as I said... this is a recipe that can make it into our rotation because of the simplicity and deliciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment