Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Logan in the NICU

The sign the NICU nurses made for Logan. It was placed on his crib. I knew many of his nurses from my years of teaching and parents of some of my students.
Logan is so snuggly.

Mommy holding him for the first time in the NICU. They were feeding him through the tube in his nose. He didn't like it and kept ripping it out.

Notice how red and speckled he is.
He was in bay # 13... I call that good luck.
Logan had a pretty bad rash.


Lots of wires.

At midnight, the nurses came to get Logan to do some blood work because he had a 101 fever and while they were doing the blood work, they noticed that he was breathing really quickly. They came in at 3 AM to tell me that he was going to the NICU. At 4 AM, David and I went down to the NICU to make sure he was ok. We weren't able to feed him at that point, but were able to feed him the next morning at 8 AM. Logan was tachypnic (ta-kip-nic) which means he had fast breathing. His respirations per minute should have been between 40-60 RPM but his were over 80. They needed to be consistently down before he could go home.




No comments:

Post a Comment