Friday, October 2, 2009

My Little Pumpkins... or is it a BIG Pumpkin

Sokol family- October 2009
Mommy and a tired HAS

Getting a decent picture of these two is difficult.. HAS won't sit still and JMS is in that awkward photo stage. Love this picture ;)

David and Chris lift our actual pumpkin into the wheelbarrow.

Mom... we'll take this one.

Love this picture... He thought he would pick one up :)

He doesn't seem like my little baby anymore :(

The first pumpkin that I picked out... this one ended up back in the patch :)

Hunter didn't mind pushing the wheelbarrow (although, the signs said you had to be 15) but he refused to sit in it.

Our family- HAS was 20 months, LPS was 17 days and JMS is 8 and a half
Jimmy and Logan, Hunter would have nothing to do with getting in the wheelbarrow.

HAS loved the pumpkins. He ran from one side of the farm to the other.

Love this picture of my sweet boys.
We went to the pumpkin patch with some friends of ours that have 1-year old twins...  We had a great time. Those of you that know me know that I tend to go overboard on many things and I am definitely an extremist. If a 30 pound pumpkin is good, then bigger is great. We bought a 131 pound pumpkin. David threw his back out lifting the pumpkin, but I LOVE our pumpkin. This was the first year that we had been to Burt's pumpkin patch, but will definitely not be the last. I had picked out a pumpkin and David said, "This one over here is good," but I was determined that my pumpkin was better, so David lifted it into the wheelbarrow. I walked over to the pumpkin that he was talking about and realized how much better it was than the pumpkin I picked out. He had to put my pumpkin back and we ended up with the pumpkin he originally selected. It didn't have a price on it, but ended up as only $30, I was SO excited. We plan to paint the pumpkin at some point, but have to have a couple of days in the forecast for no rain. We'll see when that happens, and we will post the pictures of the painted pumpkin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment