Thursday, May 3, 2012

#61 Implement Menu Planning Regularly



As I think about why I hate to cook, I realize it is not so much about the cooking as it is trying to throw something together in the midst of craziness.  I have done meal planning before, but usually only 2 - 3 days out.  So, I thought I would try this and see how much I like it and how it works out for our family.  That is not to say that we didn't stray from what the plan was, but we stuck pretty close to it.  Every Sunday night, I made the menu for the entire week.  I actually did it for an extra week b/c one week, we were at my moms and I didn't think it would be fair to count that week. It is amazing to me how much peace of mind I felt from doing this... it totally made my days and weeks easier and I didn't run into the issue of "Ahhhh... I forgot to let the meat thaw from the freezer."  I will definitely continue this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment