Wednesday, May 2, 2012

So Kool or Not Kool? Pistachio Cake

So Kool or Not Kool?  Kool, but not my favorite
Picky Eater's Opinion?  Kool
Will it make the Future Chef's Menu?  Either Way... take it or leave it

Those of you that know me well know how much I LOVE chocolate and how much I L.O.V.E. dessert, but overall you may not know that I am not a huge fan of cake.  I don't know if it is a texture thing or what, but overall, it is at the bottom of the dessert train, so to speak.  That being said, I did like how easy it was to make this dessert.  Below, all of the ingredients are pictured. 
Nice, because all of these items are staples for me except the white food cake and the pistachio pudding.

Both of my two little boys helped me get this ready... LPS poured in the pudding and HAS poured in the cake mix.  Then they took turns, pouring in the liquid and adding the eggs.  I enjoy cooking with my boys and hope that they learn to enjoy cooking.  I have not really liked cooking up until I started this journey and this has really changed my outlook on cooking.  It doesn't hurt that my husband's palette is changing and he is significantly more willing to try new foods and now start complaining about them right away.  He even just discovered that he now likes guacamole... who knew?

My precious little helpers!!!

I love how this looked in the bowl... awesome green color!!!

I don't use the bundt pan often, so this was a nice change!!!

Inside of the cake
This is a nice flavor cake and it is very moist (a huge requirement for the cakes that I do eat).  It didn't need a frosting, although she suggested a ganache but I also think a simple glazing would be nice.  I  didn't think there was a super strong pistachio taste... but that's just me.  We'd make this again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment