Thursday, May 3, 2012

Softball Reunion

If any of you know me well, you know how much softball has been a part of my life.  I played all four years in high school and in college.  Then I coached for 6 years.  I was extremely fortunate in high school to have three amazing mentors, one of whom was my dad (that one goes without saying), one was Jack Key (known to my two year old as Santa Clause) and the other was Coach Kent Chambers.  He was one of those coaches that I could go to with any issues that a teenager has... parents, school, boys, and girl drama.  Over the years, he became not only a coach, but a mentor and a very dear friend.  I am so thankful for the opportunities that his coaching provided for our softball team during my tenure at Bob Jones High School and I was also fortunate to come back and be his assistant coach my first two years out of college.  He and his current staff arranged a reunion of all former players last weekend.  It was so great to see so many old, yet dear friends... not only girls that were teammates in high school, but also many that I had the opportunity to coach.  Thank you, Coach Chambers, for again arranging something that touched my heart so deeply.  Softball will always hold such a special place in my heart with the friendships and memories that I formed. 
Introducing former coaches
 
 You can see how much my boys loved it... well, at least the rolling in the grass part :)
Previous and current players
Alumni Cake
They are the best!!!!
Dad :)
Kelly...  She was my first basemen... LOVE her...
More Dad :)
After the alumni game... we don't move as well as we once did
I DEFINITELY Don't run as well as I once did.

No comments:

Post a Comment