Tuesday, April 24, 2012

So Kool or Not Kool? Spicy Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork

So Kool or Not Kool?  Sooooo Kool
Picky Eater's Opinion- So Kool
Future Chef's Menu- Definitely

I LOVE pulled pork and I have recently found a recipe involving ginger ale that I really like.  I love pulled pork because it is easy... and it makes enough for more than 1 meal.  That is my type of recipe.  It also only takes 5 minutes to prep... another one of my criteria for AWESOME Recipes.

Onions quartered and placed in the bottom of the pan

Chipolte peppers on top of the roast

I couldn't find the cans of Dr. Pepper individually, so I bought a 2 Liter and measured out 24 ounces. 
You can see the nice Dr. Pepper liquid in the bottom of the pan.
The end Result :) 
I followed this recipe exactly.  I found this to be absolutely delicious.  It had a tiny bit of kick to it, but not much.  Jennifer at Redheads Plus One, said hers had a good amount of kick, but not enough to make it unbearable.  I must have bought a different brand of chipolte peppers than she did.  It all worked out great though, because I don't like spicy things anyway.  This was a huge hit in our house... but I may like my Ginger ale Version Better :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment