Wednesday, October 17, 2012

So Kool or not Kool? Chocolate Mint Brownie Bites

So Kool or Not Kool:  Kool, but not my favorite dessert for sure
Picky Eater's Opinion:  Either way
Will it make the Future Chef's Menu?  Probably not, even though it was good, it wasn't my favorite


These Mint Chocolate Brownie Bites were
pretty easy to make and I love a chance to use my Kitchen Aid Mixer.  The down side of this recipe is that many of the ingredients are not things that I would typically use in another recipe, even with baking.  I typically have most baking ingredients on hand, because those people that know me well, know how much I love sweets.  In fact, I believe it should be served before the rest of the meal.   The chocolate was easy to work with because it is melted in the microwave instead of on a double boiler on the stove top.   That made me pretty happy two, because I don't have
a double boiler and have to juggle two pan
pans to get it to work and often I get very hot water splashed on me, so the microwave part made me happy!  All of the ingredients end up together in the mixer and it does not take long at all.  The longest part of the process was dipping the little guys into the chocolate and sprinkling the mints on top of them at the end of the process.  I took these to share at a work function and the general impression was good.  They do have a strong Andes mint flavor, but if you like mint, these are quite tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment