Sunday, December 30, 2012

So Kool or Not Kool? Corn Casserole with Peppers

So Kool or Not Kool?  Either Way...
Picky Eater's Opinion?  Didn't have one

As we entered the second half of the year, I did not do near as great of a job entering my blog posts on the cooking club, even though I was making the recipes.  As I sit here tonight, with one day remaining in the year, I think of how much confidence I have gained as a cook and how much willingness I have to try new foods.  I am also super proud of my Picky Eater as he has found at least 15-20 new foods this year that he will eat.

We made this back in August, and it was good, but in my opinion, it was nothing great.  However, fresh corn on the cob is my favorite way to eat corn and it brings back so many memories of shucking fresh corn right out of the pasture with my grandmother back when I was a little girl.  She is no longer living, but the memories I feel when eating fresh corn on the cob still remain very strong.  Having said this, this particular recipe really did nothing for us.  We would eat it if it was one of the only things being served, but we would not make it again or really prefer to have it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment