Saturday, March 30, 2013

Sweet as Pie: Chocolate Raspberry Cobbler

As all of you who read my blog know, I love dessert. However, I do not typically like a dessert that is made up of boxed ingredients. That might make me a bit of a dessert snob, but as I grew up, my mom never had any pre-bought desserts. My sister and I used to think that Oreos and Chips Ahoy cookie where treat. Now that I'm older, I know homemade desserts are much more of a treat!

I made this dessert for my three boys, my husband, and my mother-in-law. We served it warm, with ice cream, and there was very little left over :-)The one thing I loved about this dessert was how easy it was to make.  I couldn't find Raspberry pie filling, so I used Strawberry pie filling.  In addition, my  husband has a new found love of strawberries, so I thought he would like it better.  Three steps, place the pie filling on the bottom of the pan. 
Sprinkle the cookie mix over top of it, and bake.  Easy !!
Serve warm with ice cream and enjoy.  I know we all did!

No comments:

Post a Comment