Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Sweet as Pie: Easy Pasta Carbonara

When I first saw the list of recipes, I was dying to try this because I love any pasta dish. However, I put it off because we are trying to cut carbs out of our diet for awhile.  My mom, aunt, and my cousin and her kids were in town, so I thought it was the perfect time to try this.  This was DELICIOUS and I think it was the peas that made the dish so great.  I will DEFINITELY make this again. 
 Line up the bacon, cut it and then sauteed the bacon and onions.
 Added the chicken broth and evaporated milk.  This is my fairly new dutch oven that I got for Christmas from ME :)  I love it. 
 Peas added (and a perfect fit if I do say so myself)!
Served up- there was not enough left over for seconds :(  That is a good thing and a bad thing I guess!  I will be making this again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment