Thursday, February 23, 2012

#71 Drink 64 ounces of water every day for two weeks in a row

I love fluids!  I am a person who loves having something to drink, but I rarely drink soda or good old fashioned southern iced tea.  I love water so cold it almost hurts your teeth to drink.  I love drinking a very cold glass of milk.

However, I noticed that especially since I have taken this new job, I am not drinking near as much water as I am supposed to.  For the past 2 weeks, every day, I made sure that I had at least 64 ounces of water to drink.  In addition, I found out that when I am drinking this much water... it is a LOT harder if that water is ice cold.  There were a few days that I ended up drinking 24 ounces of water shortly before bedtime, because it dawned on me that I hadn't had enough for the day.  In a weird kind of way, I realized that drinking the appropriate amount of water each day is a lot harder than you think...often because life happens and before we know it, the day is over without the appropriate amount of water!!!   I hope to continue this, but I think it was even harder to maintain in the winter.  In the summer, we get hot frequently and a glass of water is just what we need to cool off... that is not true in the winter.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you about the cold water! I actually find it more refreshing at room temp, so there are always two bottles of Poland Spring on my nightstand. When I was teaching, I kept a csse of water in my classroom and had "checkpoints" during the day. Finish my McD's large tea by 2nd period, drink an entire water during planning, finish another water before lunch, etc. It really worked. Now being at home, I am 100% like you -- not enough drinking! This is one of my goals, too, and I have found that having a giant Tervis tumbler with a straw has helped me drink more. For some strange reason the straw helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I will grab one of those tumblers with the straw... hopefully that will help :)

    ReplyDelete