Sunday, February 19, 2012

So Kool or Not Kool? The Awesome-est Blueberry Muffins

So Kool or Not Kool?  Soooooooooo  Kool
Picky Eater's Verdict?  Only ate a tiny piece, not enough to have an opinion :)

These blueberry muffins were appropriately named.  I Loved this recipe.  It was easy to make and had a ton of blueberries.  As far as I am concerned, blueberry muffins can not be great unless they have a ton of blueberries.  Now, as far as the picky eater in our family, he will not eat any thing from the berry family.  Apparently, he has no idea what he is missing with no strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries in his life.  Both the boys and I would struggle without these things in our diet.  When I purchase blackberries, strawberries or raspberries.  They are gone the first time I open them.  I was fortunate enough to find an organic raspberry picking place near the cabin and I bought too many pints to count :)  Life is good. 
This was a ridiculously easy recipe to make and it didn't call for any butter, vegetable oil... but no butter.  The boys love to help me bake, so they were right there mixing right along.  I really enjoy this time with my boys.  I made these a little bit bigger than I normally would, because I wanted to be able to bake them in one batch.  In addition, I forgot to add the turbinado sugar for the texture :(  I am so sad I forgot that.  The good news is that I will be making these again and I will include it the next go round. 
The sauce we made was also easy and delicious.  It made the muffins that much more moist.  Just writing about these muffins makes my mouth water and makes me want more of them right now!!!
My parents were in town for the weekend which is why I opted to make this when they were here.  Since David doesn't eat blueberries, I thought the extra two mouths to feed would help find a use for them.  My mom raved about how delicious these were... she must have mentioned it at least 4 times...  While they were good cold, they were most delicious when they were warm.
This is a recipe you need to try... YESTERDAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment