Tuesday, March 27, 2012

So Kool or Not Kool? Breakfast Burritos

So Kool or Not Kool?  Not Kool
Picky Eater's Opinion?  Not Kool
Will this make the Future Chef's Menu?  Probably Not

As I have mentioned before, I LOVE Breakfast food.  I was super excited about this recipe for that reason and also, because it is the recipe that I picked.  I say I picked it, but I really let my husband choose the recipe.  We stuck to the recipe on this one, to include making the potatoes that she suggested.  I left my sweet husband in charge of the potatoes and he may have cooked them a little to much, but it may have been better to use frozen hashbrowns instead.  Oh well, we won't know because I doubt we will make them again.  It's not that they were terrible, in fact, we ate all of the leftovers because I HATE to waste food.  It is just that they didn't have the flavor that I thought/hoped they would have. 

We used both sweet and mildly spicy sausage.  It may have been better if we only used the mild sausage.
All of the eggs in the recipe.  I thought they looked neat in the bowl like that. 
Adding some chives and cheese to the eggs.
Finally, adding the egg mixture to the potatoes and sausage
We have LOVED almost every single one of her recipes, so as I said... I was just disappointed.  :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment