Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Trip Down Memory Lane

Growing up (and even still today), I LOVE competition.  I Love to play games and I hate to lose, but more than that, I love the thrill that comes with knowing you are about to win or lose.  I just love it.  I am a graceful loser, but I hate to be the one on the losing end.  I remember playing Hi Ho Cheerio with my grandmother (who passed away when I was 19 years old).  She never told us no when we wanted to play games and she would play with us for hours on end.  Recently, at the consignment sale, I found a copy of this game that was in great shape, so I brought it to play with HAS.  (LPS is still a little young, although he gives it a good try).  It makes my math heart smile when he says things like "Mommy, you had two cherries in your basket.  You have to take off two more, so now you have four."  I can't put that smile into words.  So, it is with great nostalgia that I post these photos and a with a happy heart that I remember and miss my grandmother every single day.  (That feeling has magnified since I became a mother myself... I would love for her to have met my kids... but even more, for them to have known her).
My mom retired last year and my boys have had a lot of opportunity to have her stay at our house for a week at a time, every couple of months.  There are no words to describe how much it warms my heart to watch my mom play game after game with all of the boys.  HAS especially, loves his games and always asks mom, "GiGi... when are we going to play Candyland and Memory"

No comments:

Post a Comment