Saturday, July 7, 2012

So Kool or Not Kool? Blackberry Cobbler

So Kool or Not Kool? So Kool... But in my opinion, every sweet thing is very cool
Picky Eaters Opinion: So Kool... Especially now that he eats berries
Future Chefs Menu? Definitely

While I am just now getting around to posting this... I actually made it the first week of June... However, during the month of June, we were gone for 18 days... it was an INSANE month.

This was the perfect month for the recipe. We had just picked 2 gallons of fresh Blackberries and made homemade Blackberry jam. 
My boys LOVE picking berries and I love fresh berries, so it makes for a great combination. 
This is a simple, easy recipe with good results. However, I do have a cobbler recipe I like better than this, so my chances of making this again are probably pretty slim.  I will add that it didn't take us very long to devour this though...  On a side note, I also made the fresh fruit tart below.  Clearly, I still need to work on the crust and I had issue with the marscapone setting up, but the one I purchase at the Farmer's Market is better and cheaper than making it myself :)  Just bought another one the other day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment