Sunday, July 8, 2012

So Kool or Not Kool? Sangria

So Kool or Not Kool?  Soooo Kool, but expensive
Picky Eater's Opinion?  Refuses to drink wine (doesn't know what he is missing)
Will it Make the Future Chef's Menu?  Don't know... he is too young to try it

So, those of you who know me well, know how much I love wine. However, I have never had sangria before. However, you also probably know how cheap I a.m :-) I was excited about this recipe, with the exception of the cost. I was able to bring the cost down a bit because I already had the red wine at home and I found a white wine on sale at Publix. The fruits that I used were grapes, apples, lemon, lime, red raspberries, and Plums. I also used orange liqueur instead of orange Rum. They only had a large bottle of orange Rum, and since I wasn't sure I was going to like it, I decided not to spend that money on a bottle that size. I ended up cutting this recipe in half and that much still lasted us for several days. I made this while up at the cabin for myself, mom, aunt, dad, sister, and my cousin. I knew I couldn't make this at home because my husband does not drink any wine. It was ridiculously easy to make, and I let it sit for eight hours before we drank it. It was delicious and the wine soaked fruits made for a great, great snack. I would make this again, using the things that I had on hand. Like she said, I don't think there's necessarily a specific recipe to follow for sangria . Thumbs up :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment