Tuesday, July 24, 2012

So Kool or Not Kool? Cherry Limeade

So Kool or Not Kool?  Sooooo Kool, both the children's and adults version
Picky Eater's Opinion?  Kid's Version is Excellent
Will it Make the Future Chef's Menu?  Definitely

First of all, now that we are into July, you will notice the pictures are back in the recipe posts... my life is calming back down.  Cherry Limeade from Sonic is one of those things that makes me always think of summer and delightfulness.  So, I was thrilled to make this, so thrill in fact, that I made it twice.  JMS, aka Future Chef, had a friend over to spend the night so I made it for them.  They loved it plain and as a float.  I got to taste it and they drank the rest of it.  So, the two little ones and I were going up to the cabin so we made it up there again.  It was much better the second time because all of the ingredients were VERY cold (They were cold the first time, but not as cold as they were when I left them in the fridge overnight).   We served all of the kids first and they loved it, before we made the adult version of the drink.  It was a delightful summer treat and ridiculously easy to make, so we will be having this again. 
Add the lime juice first, this would be much easier if I had a juicer (Hint to my hubby for my stocking)

Then add sugar (make sure it is mixed in well... I did a better job of this in the second batch as well)
Then the sprite...hence the bubbles
For the first batch, I only made half a batch because I didn't have enough limes
With the second batch, we also discovered this wasn't great when it was left over.  The carbonation disappears and it is tolerable (although not great) the second day and the third day of being leftover is not even tolerable.  Run to the stores now and make this so the heat of this summer is bearable.  

No comments:

Post a Comment