Monday, January 23, 2012

#10. Scream "I'm Debt Free"

If you know me well, you know I am a huge fan of Dave Ramsey and have gone through his Financial Peace University.  He has common sense principles and easy to apply steps.  We started Financial Peace on January 16, 2011 and paid off $40,000 in debt over the next 8 months.  We didn't have credit card debt, our debt was the rest of David's Student Loans, the cabin, and new windows that we had put into the house.  We have refinanced our house down to a 10 year mortgage.  When we first started the Dave Ramsey class, I listed to his archived broadcasts while I was doing School Work and every Friday, people would call in or show up in his lobby and scream "We're Debt Free."  As I listened to this, I continually got chills, so I was determined that once we were debt free (except for the mortgage), we would do this.  It doesn't hurt that his Lobby is in Nashville, TN and I have a lot of very dear friends up there.

Well, this past Saturday, Dave Ramsey was in Gwinnett County and we went to see him and got a book signed and laughed all over again.  He is hysterically funny in how he relates to money and we thoroughly enjoyed it.  We haven't made the trek to Nashville yet, but I wanted to post these pictures and will mark it off of the list when we make the trip... for now it just feels good to have no debt except for the mortgage...
Meeting Dave Ramsey
Dave Ramsey's Daughter
Dave Ramsey

No comments:

Post a Comment