Monday, January 23, 2012

Birthday Boy is 4!!!

For any of you that know HAS, you know that he is very strongly opinionated about what he wants.  I could blame that on David, but probably not with a clear conscience.  He had told me that he wanted strawberry cupcakes for his birthday.  So, we sat down on Pinterest and started looking form which ones we liked the best.  All this did for him was give him a chance to form the opinion about EXACTLY what it was that he wanted.  He decided and I quote:
     "I want strawberry cupcakes with white... no red on top (meaning frosting).  I want 
     the strawberries to not have the green part on them, but I do not want them to be
     cut up.  I want them to tilt this way (and he leaned his head to the right).  I do NOT
     want them to have white on top but I do NOT want the cake part to be red"
Well, I am not usually a specialty baker, so I got a huge chuckle out of this.  I tried Martha Stewart's Strawberry Cupcake, but did not use her Strawberry Meringue Frosting.  I went with a Vanilla Buttercream Frosting that I used red food coloring on.  In the end, he LOVED the cupcakes and said that they were exactly what he wanted.  I was NOT a fan of the flavor of the cupcake.  :(  Here's the finished product along with some pictures from his party at school.




No comments:

Post a Comment