Sunday, January 29, 2012

So-Kool or Not Kool? Shrimp Scampi

So-Kool or Not Kool?  SO-KOOL
Picky Eater's Verdict:  SO-KOOL


Let me preface this post by saying this is the second time we made this recipe.  The first time (which I didn't blog about) we made this, David was adding the salt and pepper to taste and the lid to the pepper fell off and half of the pepper shaker ended up in the dish.  We were able to get some out, but it significantly altered the flavor, so I didn't think that should be the version that I blogged about.  Needless to say, we tried it again last night and had significantly better results. 

First off, I love how easy this dish was to prepare.  We started off by using already minced garlic instead of garlic cloves.  I used 3 Tablespoons of minced garlic in the butter and olive oil.  Then we added the shrimp and kept on cooking.  The last time we made this we also had added too much lemon, so this time we only used 1 large lemon and about 8 dashes of hot sauce.


This turned out very good but the flavor was not as strong as the last time.  I really liked this recipe but feel like I still need to tweak it to our liking.  Last time it had an overwhelming lemon/ pepper flavor and this time it didn't have a ton of flavor to our liking.  Shrimp scampi is one of the few foods with seafood that my husband will eat, so I am going to continue to work on this recipe because while the flavor wasn't strong, I liked the flavor much better than any store bought sauce we have tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment