Monday, January 23, 2012

#24. Organize the Craft Closet

This is something that I have needed to do for the past 3 years, but I keep putting it off because I knew it would take awhile.  I am a "list" girl though, so if I put it on a list, I get entirely too much pleasure to not cross it off of the list.  All that being said, this is a project that I started Thursday night.  Here are the before pictures:
Pay particular attention to the Fabric Shelf... Yikes!!!
In the middle of cleaning the closet and watching the 3 kids (really only two b/c JMS hardly counts at 11 years old), I had quite a disaster.
It was not easy to leave Fabric stacked on the floor like this and not have the boys run all over it!!
I felt like I needed to Gut the closet to start from scratch.
I didn't work on it on Saturday, but it took me a good 3 days to get it done.  I am pleased and now feel like I can get some of the other 101 things to do checked off of my list to include finishing some scrapbooks and some quilts.

On the third shelf down, that is everything I have and need to finish LPS's baby book 

In the process, I got 14 pictures frames and hung up on our Wall of Fame.  I sorted the pictures that were going to be scrapbooked into appropriate envelopes so I am ready to start them one by one :)  I got rid of a bunch of stuff and I organized the shelves so that the stuff I rarely used was on the top and the stuff I used the most frequently was in a scrapbook carrying bag, so I could easily grab it and put it away when finished.  Now, onto the next task :)

No comments:

Post a Comment