Thursday, January 10, 2013

#32 Learn to Cook a New Vegetable Well

This was a surprisingly easy task.  The first vegetable that I bought to do this with was a yucca, which ended up sitting on our counter and going bad.  However, with my current attempt at cleaner eating, I thought that there would be some good chances to try some things.  I also made a 'garlicy' green bean dish, which was the first time I ever fixed fresh green beans, but no one in my house (other than me was a fan of that).  The second dish I tried was Honey Glazed Carrots and Parsnips.  I cook carrots frequently for myself and my 12 year old because we both enjoy cooked carrots, but I had never purchased nor prepared a parsnip before.  For those of you not familiar with parsnips, they look similar to a white carrot. 
This dish was a HUGE hit, even with David (who I often refer to as my non-vegetable eating husband).  I had made a similar dish earlier in the week with only carrots and he hated it, but he loved this preparation and enjoyed the parsnips.  That is a success in my book.  JMS said "Mom, these are the best vegetables ever".  Although, it is so easy to feed him, he will eat ANYTHING.  I love that about him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment