Monday, January 14, 2013

#70 Go one week without sweets

I. LOVE. SWEETS.  Chocolate, Ice Cream, Cookies, Fruit, Candy Bars, Milkshakes, pretty much anything with sugar.  When I was getting my Master's Degree, several girls in my cohort teased me because I always brought a pint of ice cream with me to class for a snack.  When we finished our program, we all went on a cruise.  These same sweet girls teased me because I ordered every dessert with every meal.  In my opinion, life is too short- Eat Dessert First.  I am very fortunate because I have a really high metabolism or it could get really ugly.  My desire for sweets seems to have increased now that I work from home.  I will open a 12 ounce bag of M&M's in the morning and they will be gone by the end of the day.  Does anyone else remember when the 12 ounce bag used to be a one pound bag.  Now, they charge you more and give you less. 

I don't make New Year's Resolutions, but I was determined with this new year to change my eating habits (including more than the issues I have with sweets).  I wanted to do more clean eating and try to get more vegetables on our families plates and less processed food.  I also gave up fast food (which is easy except for Chick-fil-A) for the month.  I'm hoping to retrain my body so that it likes vegetables and wants sweets in smaller amounts.  When all of that is said and done, I gave up all sweets for one week from January 6th - January 12th.  Each day got a little bit easier than the day before.  The first Sunday, I wanted to gnaw off my own arm, but by the following Sunday, I had a little bit of chocolate and I didn't eat the entire thing.  I consider that a success.  As I reintroduce sugar into my diet, I am hoping to only have a tiny bit and not even every day. 

Don't panic- I will NEVER be the girl who goes without dessert.  Life is too short.  Speaking of that, I know I need to get on the ball about scheduling another one of my 101 things, because Dante's Down the Hatch is going to be closing in 2013 and I do NOT want to miss out on chocolate fondue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment