Friday, January 4, 2013

Giving up Chocolate

One of the things on my 101 List is to give up sweets for a week.   Some of you probably don't understand exactly how many sweets I eat a day.  Sometimes it is an entire 10 ounce bag of M&M's, sometimes a pint of ice cream... anything that has sugar in it.  I am thankful that I already have a high metabolism, but now I am going for the healthy amount.   I am actually trying to extend my goal even further than that, but I keep running into all of these obstacles- People keep giving me sweets and I hate wasting food :)    Self control would be a good thing, but it is definitely something I struggle with, especially regarding sugar.  My husband had some metabolic testing done before the holidays and I said I wasn't even thinking about it until after the holidays because I know me and I was NOT missing out on sweets during the holidays.  

Well, I was trying to finish all of the sweets in the house before the end of the year (almost counterproductive in my opinion) and I couldn't do it, so I pushed it back a week.  So, in January, I cut way back on them and just ate a little a night until the homemade goodies were gone.  I also put 5 dozen cookies in the freezer as well as all store bought candy, so that was not included in the things that needed to be eaten.  I will finish all of the sweets in my house tonight, so I will start the sugar limit, allowing myself permission to break it on January 13th, which is when I signed up to run the Hot Chocolate 5K, which rewards you with Chocolate Fondue and Hot Chocolate at the End!!!  I will keep you updated on how I am doing with it.  Some of my closer friends asked that I not go near them when I am on the sugar fast :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment