Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Swwet as Pie: Pan Roasted Chicken Lemon Garlic Green Beans

I was very pleased to see this recipe, Pan Roasted Chicken Lemon Garlic Green Beans, pop up because it aligns so nicely with our clean eating plan for the month.  In addition, my husband is a non vegetable eater (most of the time), so I am continually looking for vegetable recipes that he will like.  He does like green beans, although not freshly picked green beans, so I knew this would be a stretch for him.  This recipe was very easy with good flavors.  The most difficult part was thinly slicing the lemons.  Mix some oil, the garlic, lemon juice, salt, and fresh ground pepper in a bowl and the coat the green beans, then the potatoes, and then the chicken.  Layer them in the dish and cook them for 50 minutes and then eat.  The green beans were very "lemony", but I liked them.  David, the non-veggie eater, did not like them at all, but he did like the chicken. 
If I made this again, I may reduce the amount of lemon juice... maybe that would help my husband out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment