Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Day 20- Welcome to The Tetons

We left Idaho around 10 a.m. and drove to Grand Teton National Park.  We checked the weather report and it said there was a Winter Weather Advisory.  Are you kidding me?  It is June... June 18th to be exact.  This is what we came across at the state line of Wyoming and Idaho.  
 Logan had been sleeping and was NOT interested in getting out of the car to be in the picture.  While we were uploading these pictures, David said "Look at that ridiculous get up you have Hunter in".  To be clear, he picks out his own stuff and had gotten the bottom part of his pants (they zip off at the knees) wet from riding his bike through the puddles!
 Idaho did not have a good sign on the interstate (and it was unsafe to pull over) and they didn't have anything at their welcome center, so we opted to take a picture at this sign too :)
 This is what we saw as we were coming down the mountain on the Wyoming side.

 Logan didn't want to get out of the car for this picture either... but the National Park signs are NOT optional :)  David and I are mountain people instead of beach people, so we are in love with the Tetons.  The day we arrived, we couldn't even see the tops of them, but decided that we could live out here with all of the acreage and the look of the mountains.  In fact, we bought some property out here- Just kidding :)
 The two main animals that I wanted to see were moose and bear.  As we were driving back from the visitor center to get the boy's junior ranger information, I thought I saw one.  David pulled off and the five of us walked down towards the river.  We got right down close to them and I realized I only had my phone and not our good camera.  David didn't even see them when I said "Oh my gosh, there they are".  When he asked where, Hunter pointed it out and he had no idea how he missed them because their antlers were huge!  While David got dinner together, Hunter and I drove back to get pictures with the good camera.  These are what we got!
 We saw two bull moose (on the right) and one cow on the left side of the picture.  She is a little bit harder to see in the picture below.

 When David and I drove out later, we saw a couple of cows (one with a baby) and a bull.  The lighting was not great, so those pictures didn't look great.  When we turned into the campground, this is what we say laying in Loop C right next to the main road.  Thrilled is an understatement!
Now, I just need to see a bear!

No comments:

Post a Comment